Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:43:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator: emulation? [was: Q: Extending the sysctl MIB...]

I absolutely agree with Jordan on this point.  I'm having an increasingly
hard time keeping our lab running FreeBSD over Linux due to pressure from
higher-ups who aren't in the technical trenches with me and who don't
understand the very good technical reasons I have for running FreeBSD
here.  One constant sticking point is the linux compatibility module.  The
higher-ups see the word "emulator" and all manner of warning messages go
off in their uninformed heads.

In a previous e-mail on this or a related thread I saw the term:

"Linux image activator"

or something close to this pass by.  I think this term gave me a much
closer feeling to what I imagine is really going on the the "linuxulator"
than the term "emulator" and all its baggage.  So we could name it the
"Linux image activator" or "Lin-Axe" or some such...

Tom