Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:33:35 -0400
From:      "Cribbins, Jason" <Jason.Cribbins@qwest.com>
To:        "Potts, Ross" <rpotts@harris.com>
Cc:        john253@crosswinds.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Unable to boot 4.1.1

Every attempt at this has been total reinstall including repartition of the
system and fresh install via ftp site.

I have tried the following drive combinations.
IDE-SCSI	Failed boot
IDE alone	Failed boot
SCSI alone	Successful boot

When using IDE/SCSI together I am only successful if I don't allocate any
space on the IDE drive for anything.  I.E. all mounts are on SCSI.  Most of
the time during IDE/SCSI combo mode I have the following mounts:
/swp and /tmp on SCSI and /usr / and all other normal mounts on IDE.

The SCSI is way too small for my purpose.  I must be able to use IDE since
that's all I buy typically due to SCSI costs.