Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:40:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marwan Fayed <s0121430@cs.laurentian.ca>
To:        Dexter X <dexterx@montana.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Question

I have had a problem that is somewhat similar. My machine (laptop) is
supposed to be dedicated to freebsd. I did try with a dual boot and found
a problem similar to yours. What you might find is the following. Reboot
with the installation disks and continue as if you were installing
for the first time. When you get to the first menu (blue screen) just go
to the label editor. My bet is that you will find that the partitions
still exist, but the labels are gone for some reason. That is, instead of
appearing as "/" or "/usr", they appear as "<none>".

That may give you some insight as to what is causing the problem, but
unfortunately I do not know how to solve it. If you figure it out PLEASE
let me know as I would like to have freebsd on my thinkpad.

good luck (to you, and me!)

marwan