Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:54:14 -0700
From:      Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IDE Zip drive, challenge!

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 13:55:10 -0600 (MDT)
 Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> wrote:

 > Do smileys mean *anything* to you, or did you just getup on the wrong
 > side of the bed this morning.

Normally, yes.  But they certainly mean less if you've explained your
position on a certain topic a couple of times already.

 > Besides, you're previous two comments said absolutely nothing.  'I
 > stated that the NetBSD commit tree isn't available, and you're comments
 > stated the *exact* same thing.'  The didn't add anything to the
 > discussion.

No, in another thread on this list, I stated that there are a number of
reasons why the NetBSD CVS repository is not publicly available, none
of which are appropriate for discussion here.

I had assumed the tone of my response would keep people from making
additional (apparently snide) remarks on the topic.

 > The commit messages are meaningless w/out the code diffs.

Not true.

 > If you truly want to be helpful, then don't bother pointing to the
 > NetBSD source files which are far less useful than the OpenBSD sources
 > files, which for the most part contain the same code, but do contain
 > useful code diffs along with commit messages.

In this case, not only does OpenBSD not have the code in question (neither
do they have some of the code I was referring to in the other thread),
but it's unlikely that their commit message will be useful... probably
just another "sync with netbsd ..."

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935