Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:45:40 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gkrellm2 GnuTLS and OpenSSL, conky doesn't work :(

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:27 PM, David Demelier
<demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/03/2011 16:57, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>
>> Dear FreeBSD experts,
>>
>> I wanted to install gkrellm2 and I get the following error.
>>
>> grullahighschool# cd /usr/ports/sysutils/
>> grullahighschool# cd gkrellm2
>> grullahighschool# pwd
>> /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm2
>> grullahighschool# make install clean
>> =3D=3D=3D> =A0 gkrellm-2.3.4_3 is marked as broken: GnuTLS and OpenSSL i=
>> mutually exclusive..
>> *** Error code 1
>>

> I think this is an error easy to understand for people that speak a littl=
> english.
>
> You can't install gkrellm2 with both GNUTLS and OPENSSL options at the sa=
me
> time!
>
> Do make config and disable GNUTLS (it's the default thus I assume you
> probably enabled it)
>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm2.
>>

>> I then thought to myself conky can do the job too, so I tried to
>> install it and it succeeded, but when I try to run it, I get the
>> following:
>>
>> [olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky
>> Conky: no readable personal or system-wide config file found
>>

> You may need to write a ~/.conkyrc to run properly conky. Please read con=
ky.
> It's easy to understand or search for conky examples on the web.
>
>> I am running 8.1 freebsd
>>
>> [olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ uname -a
>> FreeBSD grullahighschool.rgccisd.org 8.1-RELEASE-p0 FreeBSD
>> 8.1-RELEASE-p0 #0: Mon Jul 26 08:26:45 UTC 2010
>> root@hybrid.freebsdgr.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC =A0amd64
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers as to how to solve at least one of the two.
>> If I can get conky to work, I'd be happy or get gkrellm running XFCE
>> as the desktop.
>>
> Cheers,
>
> --
David,

Thank you very much for your help :)  I have run
# make config
and disabled the bad guy and now I am in business with gkrellm.  I did
not know how to go back and make changes, and with your guidance I
overcame the problem.

On the other hand with conky, I get error

[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky -C > ~/.conkyrc
[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky
Conky: Xft not enabled at compile time
Conky: desktop window (1400003) is subwindow of root window (12b)
Conky: window type - desktop
Conky: drawing to created window (0x1e00001)
Conky: drawing to single buffer
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
[olivares@grullahighschool ~]$ conky
Conky: Xft not enabled at compile time
Conky: desktop window (1400003) is subwindow of root window (12b)
Conky: window type - desktop
Conky: drawing to created window (0x1e00001)
Conky: drawing to single buffer

It starts up find, but then crashes.  But I have gkrellm working so I
am happy :)

Regards,

Antonio