Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:46:54 +0200
From:      "laurens van alphen" <lva@dds.nl>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Huge Bug in FreeBSD not fixed?

My 2c,

My server is running 2.2.7-STABLE (kernel compiled just now, other stuff is
from 2.2.7-RELEASE).

First I tried running the bsdbug program under a normal user account. Alot
of scrolling text and nothing happened. I then redirected the stderr to
/dev/null (./bsdbug 2>/dev/null) since the slow terminal i was using
couldn't keep up. On another terminal I saw around 75 processes.

I figured the default resource limits in /etc/login.conf prevent the server
from crashing.

So after removing those (or running the program as root) the number of
process shot up and the server crashed: the console where top was running
got mangled and the thing rebooted.

This wasn't even --harder.

Get it fixed plz,

--