Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 18:27:30 +1000
From:      Hugh Blandford <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frontpage questions - help please(solved)

Hi all,

well after a long battle I seem to have succeeded.

I have server reporting both the PHP module and FrontPage on startup.  The
FP extensions work on the root server so I'm off to enjoy my Easter break.

What I did was use the FP port (great one Scot) and got the system
installed with apache and FP working.  I then took an apache distribution
in another directory and configured it for both FP and PHP and installed
it.  All I needed to do was copy back the apachectl from the port and I was
up and running.  Well FP still works and if you run httpd -l I see the php
module.

The answer to the name based virtual hosting question as people have
mentioned is to put in the server name (not recommended by the apache
group).  If you are using IP based hosts it is fine just to use the IP
address and with ./fpsrvadm use a -m 203.xx.yyy.134 and it finds it.

Surprise surprise once the fp extensions are properly configured the rest
of it slots into place.  Hmmm.  Scot would it be possible to create a port
that just installs the FP extensions part so that people can tune whatever
apache modules they like.  IE for a given apache version you would download
the apache distribution and a patch for that version.  You could then add
other bits and pieces as desired and then go on and run another process
that installs the fp extensions.  Might not be possible but just an idean.

Hugh