Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:45:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop compatility list

Fellow FreeBSD mobilists,

I think that many users miss an up-to-date and comprehensive list of
laptops that are supported (or not supported) by FreeBSD, including
configurations, installation tips, pitfalls and probably support of
5.0-features like ACPI or cardbus.

The pages I found with a quick google search are either out-of-date and
unmaintained (like <http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~dkulp/fbsd/laptop.html>) or
just carry a few links to other people's pages
(<http://www.zapatec.com/freebsd/laptop/>) - which is a good thing of
course and better than nothing, but I'd also like something like
"Notebooks known to work very well with FreeBSD 5.0" or something like
that :-)

I'm willing and volunteering to maintain such a list or database.

What do you think about it?

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/