Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 96 14:21:46 +0200
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another question: kernel crash dumps 8)

bde@zeta.org.au writes:
> >> Get the latest gdb with Garett's modifications, or read the section
> >> about kernel debugging in the handbook.  I've described the procedure
> >> how to do this at least a dozen times -- do you read these lists?
> >
> >Hint: If you have to repeat the above  in the list a dozen times then is tim
 -e to
> >integrate the fix into the existing gdb
> >
> >> (Hint: ``frame frame->tf_ebp frame->tf_eip'')
>
> Give someone a fishing line (improvements to the frame command) and hint
> about how to fish and you will be rewarded with a request for a boat.

in this case I think Amancio's right. Should be fairly trivial to
incorporate the changes. The kvm stuff in the new gdb isn't that
different from what's in the old version.

What I'd like to see is a 'proc' command that uses the pid rather than
a pointer to the proc struct. I intend to implement this RSN
(honest ! :).

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de