Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:13:30 -0400
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.1 lockup side question ...

As you may know I'm bashing about trying to find
the point where my 486 based machine locks up
on a warm boot. I have been programming
embedded system for about 15 years using DOS
and later windows based tools.

I am slowly going insane trying to use ee in one
window, and grep in another to find what I'm looking
for in the directory tree that holds the kernel source!

OK, so I'm a whimp (I used to like the command line ;)
Is there any multi-file editor with an intuitive (read GUI)
interface I can run under KDE that provides multi-file
regular expression searching and stuff like that? I like to
view 2 files at the same time to look at declaration and
use at same time for instance.

What do you guys use for your development
environment. I don't want a religious war, just some
pointers to hopefully intuitive and powerful programmer's
editors. Being out of my normal editing environment
where everything is now intuitive is like being pecked
at by a thousand worms...

Thanks, Cla.