Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:43:15 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NT vs Linux vs FreeBSD

Brett Glass wrote:

> At 02:46 PM 7/14/99 -0700, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
>  >You don't get the same programs, libraries or configuration files at all.
>
> >For instance Caldera includes KDE, Qt, a Qt based installer and IIRC
> >system configuration tool Caldera also has different tools for package
> >management. RedHat does not; RedHat is also available for non x86
> >platforms.
>
> As I understand it, by Wes's criteria, this wouldn't count because Linux
> itself came from the same CVS tree.

What part of "Linux is a kernel, not an OS" didn't you understand?  The
part that required you to know the difference between the two?  Quote
the "Wes's criteria" you speak of here or shut up and stop INTENTIONALLY
misquoting me.

And, by the way, Linux doesn't have a CVS tree, or any other sort of source
control system.  They have Linus' home machine, and (hopefully) some
backups somewhere.  Great way to run a development program.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com