Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 09:21:11 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        phil@zipmail.co.uk
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Losing arp entries...

> Having read the thread about the proxy arp problem with interest, I
> now have a problem...

Congratulations!

> Now I seem to have a problem that arp stops publishing entries in 2.1.0R
> (it loses the pub flag) or it creates another proxy entry with
> {incomplete} which causes quite a number of problems.

That's the 'arp' bug.

> Is there a way to TOTALLY disable proxy arp (at least until the bug
> is fixed !!!) so that this problem wont occur.

I'm not sure what you mean.  It's not a 'proxy' arp bug, but a generic
arp bug.  Any arp entry created by the routing protocol (and not by the
underlying ethernet address resolution protocol) will give you problems.

This means that regular 'arp' entries created by arp(8) will also give
you the same problems as static proxy-arp entries.

Nate