Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:53:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gerry Freymann <freymann@marlo.eagle.ca>
To:        Craig Beasland <craig@hotmix.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: cistron-radius

> From the sounds of it, you may have the client passwords specified
> incorrectly.  Do you get garbage back when running in debug mode.

 Nope. Everything fine that way.

 We were using a very old, old copy of Livingston Radius. I'm stubborn and
have been reading and playing and I have discovered a few things tonight!

 First, if you change the raddb/users file you need to kill -1 radiusd.
Our older version didn't require you to do that when you made changes to
users.

 There's a new "Auth-Type = System" that needs to replace our old
Password="UNIX" command.

 With those changes, radtest works!

 Now I'm just trying to figure out the dictionary changes. ;-)

-Gerry