Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 2001 09:04:06 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@mail.iowna.com>
To:        Lion <lion@pegasus.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with IPFw

> Lion wrote:
> I have an email server that works together with the WorldGroup and I
> configure a firewall to protect the network. But when I put the
> firewall on air with respectives rules (I use ipfw), my email server
> does not send emails. When I free everything again it looks ok.

You mean when you disable the IPFW rules it works fine? If so, try
putting some "log" rules into your IPFW rules to see what rules are
blocking traffic. "IPFW SHOW" can also be a useful debugging tool since
it lets you see how much traffic is being "caught" by each rule.
If you need more help you should consider posting your firewall rules to
this group.

> But the detail most impressive is that I liberated the access of the
> machine that has the server of email with the machine that has the
> WorldGroup and I didn't get success.

What is WorldGroup? Software? A service provider? It would help if you
gave details on what WorldGroup is.

-Bill