Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:22:23 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Mike A. Oligny" <pandaro@freebsd.schema.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: portupgrade of Apache deletes my web site?

Dear Mike,

MAO> Alex wrote:
>> You shouldn't have placed your website in to that directory. You
>> should have made another directory and relinked the
>> /usr/local/www/data to that directory. The you should have appointed
>> rights to your own directory in the apache config file.

MAO> out of curiosity, (and pity for the new users who
MAO> have/are/will be affected by this) I ask, where is
MAO> this documented?

MAO> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

It isn't written down. The manual handle the installation of apache
and test if it work, then they stop. It would be better if the helped
you created a simple http page in a new location. I read it in the
book FreeBSD unleased. Which does go this far.

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook

How to get best results from the FreeBSD- questions mailing list
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

Alternative:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html