Date:      28 Aug 2002 09:44:34 -0700
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
To:        pmcgarvey@vianetworks.co.uk
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Information on FREEBSD

Peter McGarvey <pmcgarvey@vianetworks.co.uk> writes:

| Fair's fair, the advantages of FreeBSD over other Unix-based and
| Windows-based operating systems are not readily documented.

That's true.  That's because in-depth comparisons tend to produce complex
answers that basically boil down to "there are trade-offs."

There used to be a lot more sites comparing them.  But it seemed to me that the
original correspondant should have done his *own* research comparing them.
That's all.

I wish there were people qualified enough on both systems to do a serious and
fair comparison of the latest -STABLE (or the Linux analogue); it would be an
interesting exercise.