Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 10:32:34 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        robi <rnunnari@libero.it>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: minimal (binary) installation upgrade

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, robi wrote:

> How can I get a minimal installation using installworld
> like the one I had from the installation CD? (only binaries,
> no doc, no src, ...)

Here is what I use to install a minimal system onto a 100MB disk:
(note the addition of "NOMAN= true" - hope this helps!)

CFLAGS= -O -pipe
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe
NO_CVS=         true    # do not build CVS
NO_FORTRAN=     true    # do not build g77 and related libraries
NO_LPR=         true    # do not build lpr and related programs
NO_OBJC=        true    # do not build Objective C support
NO_SHAREDOCS=   true    # do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
NO_X=           true    # do not compile in XWindows support (e.g. doscmd)
NODESCRYPTLINKS=true    # do not replace libcrypt -> libscrypt links
NOGAMES=        true    # do not build games (games/ subdir)
NOINFO=         true    # do not make or install info files
NOLIBC_R=       true    # do not build libc_r (re-entrant version of libc)
NOMAN=          true    # do not build or install man pages
NOPROFILE=      true    # Avoid compiling profiled libraries
NOSHARE=        true    # do not go into the share subdir
NOUUCP=         true    # do not build uucp related programs
NOPORTDOCS=     true

--

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au

        Andy Farkas