Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:25:29 -0700
From:      Derrick MacPherson <derrick@mercuryfilmworks.com>
To:        Derrick MacPherson <derrick@mercuryfilmworks.com>
Subject:   AltQ/dummynet and IP accounting questions..

2 different questions, maybe they can even be done by the same box
without a problem?

What seems to be the better of the two - AltQ or dummynet? Is one better
for certain jobs?

Can I monitor (for stats gathering, see who is using our bandwidth, what
protocols/ports, what direction) 3 or more partial Class C's and is
there a 'sexy' way to do this, or do I end up with a number like 6
gazzilion, and I need to get a calculator, divide by the sum of the
square root of a parsec, inverse that number and I get a megabyte total
for 1 machine.

(I have a machine that I will be putting between our router and the net
I am just looking for a way to NOT pay Bill Gates)

--
Derrick MacPherson
Mercury Filmworks