Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:01:53 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Netscape Communicator, Truetype Font -- Oh, my

Greetings,
I am running FreeBSD 4.0-release on my machine.  I have XFree86 3.3.5 (I
think).
I have KDE installed (as part of the installation).  I installed xfstt and
ttmkfdir. I
have started xfstt, and when Netscape starts, it uses TrueType fonts.
Yippeee.
But alas,  I yipeee'd too soon.  When I start using the browser, it will
hang.  Shortly
there after it will blow me out of X.

What version of Netscape should I be running ?  Also, I have seen mention of
xfstt
doing silly things like hanging and crashing.  Is there something I should
be doing ?

thanks in advance,
-Darryl