Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:34:50 -0500
From:      ASe User <menzies1@airmail.net>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SSL and .htaccess

Hi,
I have purchased space from an ISP on a FreeBSD 3.2 shell.  I'm trying to
set up a web site that has certain directories available only to certain
people.  .htaccess worked very well, and I have all the security in place.
 Then I implemented SSL.  Now I seem to have no security at all as long as
I use SSL.  For instance, if I request
http://www.advsysedu.com/private/password/.htpasswd I get security.  If I
request the same page with SSL
https://air12.airweb.net/advsysed/private/password/.htpasswd I get a
listing of the password file on my browser.  Is there something I can do
within htaccess to secure SSL?  For instance, I am currently using <Limit>
GET POST PUT HEAD </Limit> in my .htaccess file. Is there another I can add
for SSL? Is there something like SSLDenySSL for FreeBSD?  If so, how do I
use it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Regards,
Wes Menzies