Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 1996 15:37:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hemon Bruno <bruno@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and IP tunneling

I was told that FreeBSD has a general support for IP tunneling. I suppose
that it must be a function which appends to IP packets an optional tunnel
header(for example a UDP header) and an IP header. I think I found some
code for IP tunneling in FreeBSD (net/if_tun.c) but I can not find some
complete documentation about the functions and the implementation.
Therefore, I am looking for detailed documentation about how IP tunneling
is implemented in FreeBSD and how to use it.
thank you for your help.

Bruno Hemon     bruno@cs.ucla.edu