Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:19:23 -0500
From:      Adriel Cardenas G <freebsdmx@yahoo.com>
Cc:        NS Kandah <nkandah@nc.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: preparing to install

You can use you lilo.conf to set up the FBSD loader, all you have to do
is
edit your /etc/lilo.conf, adding this lines to it:

other=/dev/hdc1
table=/dev/hdc
loader=/boot/chain.b
label=FreeBSD

this is if your FBSD partition is in the secondary ide as a master.
Remember to run lilo after you edit the lilo.conf

Regards

 NS Kandah wrote:

 >I am dying to put FreeBSD on my primary home machine. It currently has
two
 >IDE drives, both on the primary IDE controller, a master and a slave.
The
 >slave currently has Redhat Linux 7.1 on it. I want to put FreeBSD on
the
 >slave, and I tried it before, but after the installation was
completed,
 >successfully I presume, I was not presented with a boot manager so I
can
 >fire up my FreeBSD install.
 >
 >I need to install the boot manager in the MBR of the primary master
drive,
 >correct? Do I also need to install it in the MBR of the primary slave?
 >never understood my mistake the last time I attempted a dual boot
Win98 /