Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:24:11 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Darryl Williams <darrylw@rocketmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, darryl@etseq.com.au
Subject:   Re: FW: Questions re Freebsd Email and FTP Server setup

> Darryl Williams wrote:
>
> Anyone,
>
> It still appears that my query is not making it to the
> list. This is my last effort.
>
> If anyone can assist in any way please reply on:
> darryl@etseq.com.au
>
> Darryl Williams
> Etseq IT
> Melbourne, Australia
>
> Note: forwarded message attached.

> http://im.yahoo.com/

> Subject: FW: Questions re Freebsd Email and FTP Server setup
> Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:20:22 +1000
> From: Darryl Williams <Darryl@etseq.com.au>

Question 1:
	Depends on your paticular setup; assuming both domains are to be hosted
on one machine, and both are to accept email on that same machine, I'd
suggest setting the machine up as one domain, and virtual-hosting the
other. Wheather you choose to tie up a second ip address or not doesn't
really matter -that much is up to you.

Question 2:
I don't know if you can have two of the same usernames on a machine, but
I do know it's possible to host user@onedomain.com, and (same)
user@another.net on the same machine. I'm assuming you're using
sendmail? (Or have you setup QMAIL?) Anyhow, since sendmail's installed
by default with FreeBSD 3.3, here's a quick rundown on how-to do that
much:

/etc/mail/sendmail.cw:
ecbs.com.au
enetbiz.com.au

/etc/mail/virtusertable:
user@ecbs.com.au	user
user@enetbiz.com.au	user1

then you'll need to hash the virtusertable, (I wrote a simple shell
script to do it, goes something like this):

#!/bin/sh

clear

echo 'Removing old sourcefile'
rm /etc/mail/sourcefile
echo 'Creating new sourcefile'
cp /etc/mail/virtusertable /etc/mail/sourcefile
echo 'Updating the Virtual User Aliases File'
makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable < /etc/mail/sourcefile
echo 'Restarting sendmail'
killall -HUP sendmail
echo 'Done.'

Question 3:

I don't believe it's possible to do virtual ftp hosting with FreeBSD's
stock ftpd, you'll propably have to look to an ftpd replacement. I know
of people using Opre FTPD to do virtual ftp hosting, but I've never used
it myself, maybe someone else will have the answer to this one for you.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com