Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kerberos changed in 2.2.6?

Last night I used the 2.2.6 CD-ROM to upgrade my 2.2.5 system.  When I was
running 2.2.5 I had kerberos sucessfully configured and working; my
machine was both a server and client for my realm.  Now that I am running
2.2.6, the kerberos server daemon will not run for at least these two
reasons:

 1) It expects the realm's master key to be stored in the file
    /etc/kerberosIV/master-key, rather than /etc/kerberosIV/master_key

 2) It expects to be able to open the file /var/db/kerberos/principal.ok,
    which used to be located in /etc/kerberosIV/principal.ok.

Did someone forget to document these changes?  In either case, I can't use
kerberos anymore, even after I created a /var/db/kerberos directory and
renamed my master key file.

-J