Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:38:37 GMT
From:      "Mezinque Olinisko" <babysealkiller@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slow Samba Client

I am trying to pass a generated file from a FreeBSD 3.3 machine running smb
2.0.5 to a win98 machine.
This is done with a perl script using smbclient... everything works fine,
except that I only get about 10KB/s transfer rate.
These computers are connected via a 100MB/s lan connection, and when I ftp
the same file over, it gets transfered at about 5MB/s and when I send the
client via smb server (from win to bsd) I get about 1.5MB/s.

Any ideas on what could be causing this lag?

Thank you in advance,
Robert Shea