Date:      Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:05:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        cperciva@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding portsnap to the base system

In message: <42F636BE.3020906@freebsd.org>
            Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org> writes:
: >  Now this seems to indicate it is just cvsup in
: > checkout mode.  Which is it?
:
: CVSup in checkout mode, sort of.  Portsnap works using a compressed
: snapshot of the ports tree, which is then used to update /usr/ports,
: and also provides INDEX files; but the job it replaces is basically
: that of cvsup in checkout mode.

OK.  That answers my concern about licenses.  Since it is just the
ports tree, and info built from the ports tree only, everything should
be fine from that angle.

: > neither make_index nor phttpget have man pages.
:
: They are both installed in /usr/libexec and only intended to be used
: by portsnap.  I didn't think man pages were necessary.

Both should have man pages, since people will ask what they are for...

Warner