Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:25:58 -0400
From:      Mark Handley <mjh@east.isi.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vic, image corruption with Wincast/TV card

>Just take out opt_bktr.h for now. Probably, I will submit a minor
>driver upgrade to fix this problem as well as a couple of minor
>fixes.
>

>What sort of corrupting are you getting and whats your video format: NTSC
>or PAL ?

I'm using NTSC.  The driver you posted hasn't changed the problem -
I'll leave a video stream going to FreeBSD Lounge if you want to take
a look at the artifacts - I've set the frame-rate limiter to 1fps and
bandwidth to 128Kbps in vic.

If I comment out the ioctl that sets fps in the driver, I get no image
corruption (at the expense I assume of extra PCI traffic), but it
seems to be an acceptable workaround, so I'm not too worried.

Cheers,
	Mark