Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 07:59:32 +0300
From:      "Igor' Robul'" <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mp3 to wav

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 04:00:09PM -0700, chris wrote:
> Hello.
> I am trying to convert some mp3s to wav format so I can play them on a normal cd player but I am having considerable trouble. Does anyone have any idea how to go about doing this??
Most MP3 players can produce "raw" output into file. Then just use sox
(/usr/ports/audio/sox) to convert "raw" into "wav". But, really WAV is
not single format :-) It has header, which tell how it is encoded, so
for example there are WAVs which are really MP3s. T

And also, how to convert RealAudio to MP3 without two soundcards?

--
Igor' Robul', Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia