Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:05:13 -0500
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        Blue Raccoon <blue.raccoon@wanadoo.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Problems with Scanjet 3400c

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 11:05:56AM +0100, Blue Raccoon wrote:
> Roland, Joe,
>
> According to the SANE site their backend should provide 'complete' support.
> NIASH is required, but since 'niash' is an entry in the SANE config file I
> assume it is incorporated.

My apologies; but I'll have to plead ignorance at this point...I
simply don't know how to address this.

Blue, you may wish to query the freebsd-multimedia list, if you have
not already; you could also try the sane lists, and I think it would
be advisable to ask the maintainer of the sane-backends on FreeBSD
what he (or she) thinks. The Makefile for sane-backends has an address
for gary@hotlava.com; I don't know that he is the current maintainer,
but I'd bet someone on the multimedia list will know who is currently
handling that port.

Best of luck,

Joe

--