Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:49:44 -0500
From:      Bruce Pea <pea@andrewpea.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISPs blocking SMTP connections from dynamic IP address space

Since we began blocking servers with no reverse DNS we've been amazed at
how many mail servers are setup with no reverse DNS. We've had several
instances where we've been asked by the party being blocked how to fix
the problem. Since I'm not a DNS expert all I've been able to tell them
is to fix their DNS entry so they show up when we do an nslookup on them,
which isn't very helpful but is about all I know to say.

It would be very useful if someone could explain or give instructions on
how to fix this problem so we all could pass the info along to people who
need to straighten out their DNS.

Does anyone have a document explaining such things handy they could
share??

bp