Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 20:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@revelstone.jvm.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk: Huh?

I just tried to install the jdk from 2.1.5.  This is the first port
install I'v ever had appear to fail.  Attempts to compile a simple
HelloWorld app fail.  The wrapper script uses a "uname -p" which is an
illegal option on fbsd.  And the script runs under ksh, which is not a
default installed shell.  It's almost as if this "port" isn't patched.

Is this an unfinished port?  I've never had one not work, if not right
out of the box, as far off as this appears to be.

Cliff