Date:      23 Jan 2001 14:33:55 -0800
From:      Steve M <slavik944@metconnect.com>
To:        papalia@udel.edu
Cc:        jpaetzel@hutchtel.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install hangs on older system

> > > The hardware:
> > > Packard Bell Legend 130CD Supreme
> > > CD Rom = NEC CDR-272 (4x)
> > > Processor = P100
> > > RAM = 72MB
> > > Motherboard = Packard Bell Agoura/Wildcat (Intel chipset, built by PB)
> > > Video = Built-in, Cirrus Logic Alpine GD5430 video chipset.

I'm going to venture a *wild* guess, seriously.  When I was
working at a small PC store assembling wintel boxes the
P/B's were notorious for having problems with an
'unconventional' memory configuration
(.i.e. 72MB's, 18MB, 208MB, 12MB or something like that).
If you are so inclined try reconfiguring your memory.
However be forewarned that I could be a sadistic *sshole hoping
you will ruin your system. In other words I dont imply any garauntee
that my suggestion will work or not mess up your system.

Steve M