Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:05:23 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: floppy

On Thu, Dec 17, 1998 at 10:27:15AM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 December 1998 at 15:38:53 -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:14:33 -0500 (EST)
> >> From: Chris McCoy <chris@sloth.org>
> >
> >> i am having trouble mounting the floppy
> >
> >> i do mount /dev/fd0 /mnt
>
> In particular, you should ask yourself if you even want a file system
> on a floppy.  In general, you'd be well advised to avoid floppies:
> they're slow, unreliable and expensive per unit storage.  About the
> only thing you should use them for is exchange of small quantities of
> data, and file systems are unsuited for that.  If you're exchanging
> with UNIX systems, use tar on the raw floppy instead.

Wow, this mailing list is really a school. I've never realized that you
could use tar direct to the floppy. Tried it and its quick and really
easy. Thanks for the class!

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_

If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
.. Oh, wait a minute, he already does."