Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:43:34 +0000
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        "j. kelley" <john@strapped.us>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the mystery of atwi

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 11:31:34AM -0500, j. kelley wrote:
> Walsh's atwi(4) driver and how it worked only on -CURRENT.I installed, card
> was seen as a generic USB device, but it was not seen as a network
> interface.

The dmesg you've provided doesn't contain any information about attached
usb devices, so it's impossible to offer any productive advice.

Can you post the output of 'usbdevs -v' (preferably without any USB device
drivers loaded, but with the ohci bus driver loaded), and run
ports/sysutils/udesc_dump to dump the USB device descriptor of the
embedded USB radio device?

You *may* need to use a BIOS hotkey of some kind to detach and reattach
the USB radio device from the internal USB bus. This is certainly the
case with the IBM T4x series embedded Bluetooth adapters, and other
laptops with embedded USB wi-fi parts I've seen.

Regards,
BMS