Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:03:19 -0400
From:      "Evan Champion" <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        "Brian Somers" <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting PPP to start on CONNECT

>Remove your "set login" script and add "set authname" and "set
>authkey".  It's all in the docs:

What I was trying to say is that doesn't work.

The Bitsurfr ROM 1L does not start passing PPP through from the remote side
to the local machine until the local machine does something, which I assume
is start a PPP negotiation.  So what I want to do is force the local machine
to start sending a PPP request as soon as it sees CONNECT.

This is contrary to the old behaviour (ie: ROM 1K), where if I dialed with a
terminal program I'd see the PPP negotiation from the remote server.  I
don't know why this changed, but Motorola hasn't fixed it in the 3 months
that 1L has been out, and I doubt they will since 1L works just fine on 95
and NT.

Evan