Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:10:31 -0700
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        "Miroslav Pendev" <shadow@CPE0004761ac738-CM00109515bc65.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com>
Cc:        "questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Matthew Plews" <plews@bigpond.net.au>, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 Install Problem

On 18 Jun 2002, at 19:53, Miroslav Pendev boldly uttered:

> There was a tread in _security_ about new ISO for 4.6 together with the
> Apache - patch, may be it is not such a bad idea.
> The first ISO with 4.5 RELEASE was without the floppy images ... so...
>
> I am not trying to start flame war, this is just my opinion...
>
> I am ready to help...
>
> --Miro

Good point.  If people were seriously talking over on -security about
a new ISO to incorporate that Apache patch, I'd definitely suggest
releasing 4.6a with something to allow new installers to turn on the
DMA switch before running the install from an IDE CDROM.

There may be some political/logistical issues I'm not aware of
though, like mirror sites and so forth, so the RE people will have to
make that call.

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium