Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 2004 23:57:22 GMT
From:      Alejandro Valenzuela Roca <lanjoe9@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/68900: 5.x install CDs fail to boot on Toshiba Satellite 5205 s503

>Number:         68900
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       5.x install CDs fail to boot on Toshiba Satellite 5205 s503
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD citlalmina.earthshakers 4.10-RC2 FreeBSD 4.10-RC2 #12: Sat Jul 10 16:37:05 CDT 2004     lanjoe9@citlalmina.earthshakers:/usr/src/sys/compile/CITLALMINA  i386

      I've been unable to install FreeBSD since FreeBSD 5.0, I've tried the 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.2.1 and today's -CURRENT (10th july) install CD.
When I try installing any 5.x install CD, it starts alright (although quite slower than the 4.X series, including the "spinner") and gets to the ascii daemon screen.

I have tried enabling and disablinc ACPI, with/without verbose, safe mode, unloading all modules/unloading usb module and setting the "allow unsupported hw" flag (in several ways: with/without quotes around the 1 and such), but after that screen, the computer only gets to these four lines:

pci1 <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
ohci0: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> mem 0xfceff000-oxfcefffff irq 6 at device 6.0 on pci2
ohci: [GIANT-LOCKED]
usb0: OHCI version 1.0

And then it freezes completely ( caps-lock does not respond, and I have waited more than 2 hours but the computer doesn't do anything else).
>How-To-Repeat:
      Attempt to install any 5.x FreeBSD system.
>Fix:
     doh