Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2010 04:20:03 GMT
From:      Jared Barneck <rhyous@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/131087: [ipw] [panic] ipw / iwi - no sent/received packets; iwi needs to be restarted; ipw / iwi causes kernel panic

The following reply was made to PR kern/131087; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jared Barneck <rhyous@yahoo.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, mariusz.gromada@wp.pl
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:49:04 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello,

 I have an IBM T40, pretty much the same settings as above, though I have an Intel 2200BG.

 I installed 8 stable and when I try to configure my wireless my system just rebooted.

 I installed PCBSD 8 next which I believe uses FreeBSD 8-Release and the wireless worked without error.

 However, I just installed a snapshot of PC-BSD which is using FreeBSD 8-Stable and sure enough it happened again.  So something is definitely causing a system crash with 8-Stable.

 Thanks,

 Jared Barneck
 http://rhyous.com