Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcp_wrappers with blacklist extension

I have tried to compile tcp_wrappers with the blacklist patch. Altho the
patch applies correctly (I've VIEWED the patched lines in both
tcpdchk.c _and_ hosts_access.c), and altho the compile completes cleanly,
the tcpd daemon still acts as if the blacklust patch hadn't been included.

While the tcpdchk binary correctly utilizes the blacklist "file", the
tcpd daemon incorrectly suggests that it is encountering a "bad net/mask"
(which is what a NON-blacklist daemon _will_ indicate).

Yes, I've re-HUPd _and_ rebooted.

My guess is that FreeBSD 3.2 & gcc have some quirk which the compile and
blacklist patch don't agree with.

Any ideas? Anyone else using wrappers *with* the blacklist patch?

--
Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz@ccstores.com
                 http://www.qcislands.net/paz