Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:43:52 -0600
From:      dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
To:        Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetAtalk

On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 07:02:32AM -0300, Capriotti wrote:

> I am facing some problems when trying to put netatalk to wirk on a 2.2.5-R.
> At boot time a message like "no support to protocol" apears.
>
> Nothing was actually described on the documentation, but, decompressing the
> package on a separate directory, and reading the files I would never find
> in another way, I realised the magic words "AppleTalk Kernel support".
>
> Question: Is this support enabled by default on the generic kernel ?

No.

> How to activate it ? (Let me guess: Enable the option on the configuration
> file and recompile the lernel)

Correct;
options         NETATALK

> I am facing a special sittuation here: This machine is at a show, w/ no
> phone/internet connection; I have no access to anything but what is in the
> 2.2.5 CD.

If you don't have kernel source, or any other way to get ahold of a custom
kernel for that machine, I think you're screwed.

But don't quote me. ;)

For more information on building custom kernels, see
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook37.html#39

--
  //Dan   -=-     This message brought to you by djhoward@uiuc.edu    -=-
\\/yori   -=-    Information - http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/djhoward/   -=-