Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:06:29 -0400
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 10.1-BETA3 - zfs bootblocks broken

I got the FreeBSD 10.1-BETA3 distribution ISO and tried
two things this morning.

1) Following the system prompts, it will successfully
create and install into UFS filesystems.

2) Following a procedure that I've used many times in
the past to install the sparc64 onto ZFS-only media,
it fails to boot.

The "zfsloader" program is failing:

Executing last command: boot disk0
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@8/disk@0,0  File and args:

 >> FreeBSD/sparc64 ZFS boot block
    Boot path:   /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@8/disk@0,0:a
Consoles: Open Firmware console
Memory Address not Aligned

I reported this problem with the 10.1-BETA2 iso as well.

I spent some time this last weekend tracking down the cause of
this failure, using the 10.1-BETA2 code.  I've narrowed the
failure down to this call, in .../sys/boot/zfsimpl.c (line 1155):

             error = zio_decompress_data(cpfunc, pbuf,
                BP_GET_PSIZE(bp), buf, BP_GET_LSIZE(bp));

I don't know when this was broken.  I have an ISO image I created
from r264194 that works fine.  (Built back on 06-Apr-2014.)

Thanks for any help.

-Kurt