Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 21:50:17 -0600
From:      Mark <mark@dsl-gw2-dhcp-a93.clsp.uswest.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mount /chmod question

2 physical drives. Drive one is removable and all FreeBSD. Drive two is
fat32 formatted and allows me to share between FBSD and Win98.

fstab:

# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump	Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/ad0s1a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/ad0s1f		/usr		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad0s1e		/var		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad1s1		/dos		msdos	rw		2	2
/dev/acd0c		/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
proc			/proc		procfs	rw		0	0

I added the ad1s1 line. Not sure if this was the correct dev, but it
lets me see that drive. Iam unable to write to this drive as a normal
user.

ls -dl /dos
drwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 16384 Dec 31 1979 dos

My user is part of the wheel group so I tried to use chmod.
Running chmod as root user.

chmod 774 /dos
ls -dl /dos
drwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 16384 Dec 31 1979 dos

Nothing changes. I want to be able to write to this drive as a normal
user/wheel. Tried using mount_msdos using the man page to no avail.

Thoughts?