Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:56:38 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world success

On Sep 23,  3:15am, "Jan B. Koum " wrote:
} Subject: make world success
}
} 	Woohoo! Since most of messages here lately are of the nature "this
} or that is broken" I just want to let everyone I did make world just fine
} a few hours ago. System was install from latest BETA earlier today, then
} CVSup later in the day and make world:

I've also been having pretty good luck.  Without the softupdates patch
I'd get panics if I ran "make -j6 buildworld" or higher, but plain make
buildworld worked fine.  With the softupdates patch buildworld failed at
-j12, which I suppose I should look at.

I cvsup'ed a few hours ago and I'm in the midst of a fresh "make world".
The vital stats are:
	Dell Pentium II 266
	Adaptec 2940UW
	ELF