Date:      24 Aug 2000 00:54:36 -0300
From:      Jeronimo Pellegrini <pellegrini@mpcnet.com.br>
To:        Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi OS installation

:: On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 03:59:00 +0200, Siegbert Baude <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.d=
e> said:

> Hello Jeronimo,

Hi.

>> > - Both FreeBSD and Linux can see each other's filesystems, but:
>>=20
>> >  + FreeBSD cannot see inside a logical partition used by Linux;

> This works for me without a flaw (4.1-Stable). Can you describe your
> problem more exactly?

Doh!
Then I think I have outdated docs! Sorry about the wrong info...

I didn't think know that was possible already. Latest version of the
Linux+FreeBSD HOWTO said,

"Note that you cannot mount ext2fs filesystems in extended partitions
from FreeBSD."

That must have changed since then...

Ok, I'll try that later.

>> + Be careful when mounting partitions like that in read/write
>> >   mode... Make backups of important things!

> Within the recent time there was a mail here, that you can=B4t mount rw
> (but ro) ext2fs partitions created by newer Linux versions, because of
> some sparse super blocks. Somebode stated that you can tweak the
> sparse super block problem with tunefs. Look in the archive for this.

Ok...

> Ciao
> Siegbert

Thanks for the corrections!
J.

--=20
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil
http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~jeronimo
mailto:jeronimo@ic.unicamp.br    mailto:pellegrini@iname.com