Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:27:34 -0400
From:      Matthew Patton <patton@sysnet.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   determining SMP

How do I determine if my rebuilt kernel really is seeing 2 CPUs?
I'm working off of 2.2.6 sources and defined
	options SMP
	options APIC_IO
per http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/getstarted.html

dmesg says:
CPU: Pentium Pro (231.78-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x619  Stepping=9

Features=0xfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV>
eal memory  = 134217728 (131072K bytes)
avail memory = 129691648 (126652K bytes)

>From reading the archives I take it that SMP support has been around for
quite some time and is not limited to 3.0. Am I correct?

BTW, anyone know how to get sources via CVS? I'm having a devil of a time
with anoncvs.freebsd.org. The error says:
% cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org:/cvs up .
select: protocol failure in circuit setup
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

--------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java
that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes
a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.