Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:05:43 -0800
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ask_Bj=F8rn_Hansen?= <ask@develooper.com>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 carp trouble

On Feb 21, 2011, at 2:03, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

>> I've been setting up IPv6 on the various networks I look after over =
the last weeks.  Today the turn came to a system that's running two =
FreeBSD boxes with carp etc.
>>=20
>> I added an inet6 address to the ethernet interface and then the 'carp =
address' to carp0.  The carp address is used by our upstream provider.   =
Things appear to work except I can't ping the carp address -- even from =
localhost!
>=20
> I got fairly unstable results as well while debugging kern/153848 - as
> in the problem changed depending on test/fix/... which puzzled me. I
> am not all quite sure why that was and I am sure I was just staring at
> the thing not seeing it.  I should go back and stare more;-)

Ah, that's encouraging.   I was staring at my rc.conf and pf.conf until =
my eyes nearly gave out trying to figure out what I was doing wrong =
until I realized that it was similarly broken on lo0.  :-)

FWIW, I am running 7.4-PRE as of about a week ago. (On Soekris and Alix =
boards and not too keen on upgrading to 8 just yet).

 - ask=