Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:35:08 -0000
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/57174: 4.9-PRERELEASE panic: ata_dmasetup:

Doug White wrote:

> > So Tagged Queueing may be guilty (again).
>
> Why do you have ATA tagging turned on in the first place? It's known to
> not work with 99% of the hardware out there; only a couple of models of
> IBM drives having working tagging.

I use it because:

1. Man 4 ata says it will work with my HDD.
2. It really worked after ata(4) bug was fixed shortly after 4.5-RELEASE.
   Yes, it did not work with 4.5-PRERELEASE due to ata(4) famous bug.

Now it work fine even with presence of massive I/O activity when
this activity does not continue for very long time (half an hour and more)
uninterruptedly.

It panices reproducibly and crashdumps are pretty same.

Eugene Grosbein