Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:39:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer compatibility

> From: Ronald Klop <ronald@node11a94.a2000.nl>
>
> Maybe it is something with the interupt-driven/polled printer port. See
> the mailarchive on www.freebsd.org/search for more info on this. See also
> 'man lpt' and 'man lptcontrol'.
>   I had similar problems once, but I don't know if they have the same
> reason. Because you don't send any info about your configuration (ports in
> kernel) in your e-mail.

I am both grateful and a little embarrassed.  I would have checked the
archives except that as I tested it, it seemed to be a ghostscript
problem, not a FreeBSD problem.  I assumed the parallel port *must* be
fine as it works great under that other O/S.  I never thought of the
port driver.

Anyway, I set it in polling mode and it prints beautifully (for a
dot-matrix printer).  Thanks for your quick and helpful response.

--
Derrick Baumer - Black Duck Software
        <bduk@earthlink.net>