Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Hans van Reenen <H.vanReenen@UCI.KUN.NL>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi support

> Does FreeBSD 2.2.7 support the following components:
>
> Motherboard: asus P2l97S (scsi onboard)
> ... according mailings lists it is supported, so actually no problem.

	Without a doubt, it will. You'll be using the NCR drivers.

> cdrom: toshiba xm 6201 b (scsi) ?

	Shoudln't have any problems.

> scanner: hp scanjet 5p (scsi) ?

	You may have problems with this is it technically a 'windows'
scanner. There are no specific drivers for it, but Gimp1.0 and Sane .73
would be your route. I'm trying to setup a HP4c right now using these
components, I did notice though, that there is an HP program in the
ports/graphics area.

					Rick