Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2006 20:09:41 +0200
From:      "Markus Hoenicka" <markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox starts up always in the first virtual screen in XFCE

Hi,

your comment rang a bell. The Firefox window was apparently maximized
when I upgraded the box. Firefox remembers the previous window size,
and it seems like the (updated) XFCE window manager now thinks that
the (updated) Firefox window is too big, and displays it on virtual
screen 1 as a fallback strategy. I resized the window a little, closed
Firefox, and opened it again - now it will open on the very screen
which happens to be active.

Problem solved. Poster embarrassed. Thanks a lot.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka